Roast the Seeds
You’ve never had roasted pumpkin seeds like this! After the pumpkin has been carved, try this simple trick to get rid of the slimy goo and guarantee a truly tasty treat.
What you need...
- Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Seasonings to taste
What you do...
- Scrape the seeds out of the pumpkin.
- Rinse the seeds to remove the pumpkin particles and any strings.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring to boil about 2 cups of water to 1/2 cup of seeds.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt per cup of water and boil for 10 minutes.
- After boiling, return seeds to a colander and rinse.
- Put the seeds in a bowl. Toss with 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil to coat the seeds and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread seeds in a single layer on a baking tray in the upper portion of the oven.
- Bake until they begin to brown, between 10-15 minutes.
- Leave the seeds to cool on a rack, then enjoy!
Different size seeds may take different lengths of time to cook. The seeds will change from the wet, grayish color to more of an opaque white then golden brown as they become fully roasted.