Effective Date: October 1, 2013
Children Under 13:
Suburban Parent cares about protecting the privacy of children. We won't knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to provide us any personally identifying information online. Children should always get permission from their parents before sending any personal information about themselves (such as their names, email addresses, and phone numbers) over the Internet, to us or to anyone else. We encourage you to become involved in your children's online experience, and to share your knowledge and experience with your young ones. If you're under 13, please do not register for any of our Services or provide us with any personally identifying information (such as your name, email address or phone number).
Information Collected Through Our Services:
The information we gather through our Services falls into two categories: (1) information you voluntarily supply to us when you register, initiate transactions or communicate with us or others through the Services, and (2) information collected automatically as you use our Services. Third-party providers and advertisers featured on, or linked to from, our Services may also gather information through processes that we don't control and subject to their own separate privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
Registration and Other Personally Identifying Information. You may register to use certain features of our Services. When you register, we may collect personally identifying information, including your name, postal address, email address, user name and password, reminder questions and answers and communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive. We may also ask for information about age, gender, hobbies, interests and the like, but you're free to register for most of our Services without providing this additional information. When you register for one of our Services, the information you provide may be added to a centralized Suburban Parent database so that you may be simultaneously registered for our other Services as well. In addition, when you use various aspects of our Services, we may ask you for personally identifying information, including when you order products, complete a survey, enter a contest, or report a problem with our Services. We and our authorized third-party service providers use this information to process orders, tailor our Services to your interests or otherwise improve our Services. We may also collect contact information for other individuals when you use the sharing tools available within some of our Services to forward content or offers to your friends and associates. We use this information to facilitate the communications that you request. Please note that if you use any "send-to-a-friend" features of our Services, your email address may be included in the communication sent to your friend.
Information Collected Automatically When You Use Our Services. Suburban Parent or third-party contractors we engage may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, including:
- Your browser type, language, plug-ins, Internet domain and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so that other computers connected to the Internet can communicate with you online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- The site you visited before visiting a Suburban Parent website and the site you visited after visiting a Suburban Parent website;
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below);
- Information about your interactions with our video content, such as the type of content viewed on our Services;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message; the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails; and standard server log information.
- Personalization and Tracking Technologies. Like most website and mobile application operators, we, or third parties acting on our behalf, use embedded scripts, "cookies," web beacons and other similar technologies to operate our Services.
Cookies are small amounts of data (often containing a unique identifier) that are stored in separate files within your computer's Internet browser. Cookies are accessed and recorded by the websites you visit, and by the companies that deliver the advertisements you see on websites, so they can recognize the same browser navigating online.
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting one of our Services. For example, if you register for a Suburban Parent Service, we may save your username and password, so you do not have to re-enter them each time you visit.
- To help us measure and analyze visitor traffic and usage patterns and to improve the quality and effectiveness of our content, features, advertisements, and other communications.
- Third-party companies that provide some of the tools and features accessible through our Services and advertisers and other companies involved in the delivery of the advertisements that you see while using our Services and other websites also may place cookies within your browser. We do not have access to these cookies and do not control how they may be used. You can set your browser to accept or reject most cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) It is up to you whether to allow us or third parties to send you or to set cookies, but if you block cookies, you may not be able to view or access some of the features of our Services.
We also may work with other third-party advertising companies and data providers to target and serve some of the advertisements you see on our Services and on other websites, to send emails on our behalf, and to provide related analytics, forecasting, optimization and audience segmentation services. These companies may use their own cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to collect navigation information from our users that they may use, sometimes in conjunction with similar information gathered through other websites, to deliver advertisements tailored to match perceived user interests and/or for other purposes. To enable you to receive customized ads, content or services, some of these companies may also place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser that reflects de-identified demographic data or other information about you that they obtained from third-party data suppliers. To enable these cookies, we may share with these companies your email address or other registration information in an encrypted format (i.e. hashed non-human readable form) solely for the purpose of matching you to a relevant demographic profile. No personally identifying data will be captured or used in the cookies. To opt out of these cookies, please click on the AdChoices icon located in the footer of our web sites or you can go to http://www.aboutads.info/
How We Use The Information We Collect:
Our primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with a customized experience when using our Services and to make them more valuable to you. Because our Services are supported by advertising, we also use the information we collect to help advertisers efficiently reach consumers who are most likely to be interested in their products and services. We only use payment and identity verification information, such as credit card numbers, driver's license numbers, social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary to complete a particular transaction, provide a requested service, enforce legal rights or comply with applicable law.
In addition, we and our authorized service providers generally use other information that we collect about you to:
- Analyze, operate and improve our Services, and fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters;
- Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes;
- Provide you with special offers and promotions from companies within our corporate family, and select third parties in accordance with applicable law;
- Customize the content you see when you use our Services;
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests, including advertising that you see on our Services and on third-party websites;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Visitor Agreement;
- Conduct market analysis, traffic flow analysis and related reporting; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How We Disclose Information and Your Related Opt-out Choices:
Except as otherwise expressly noted herein or within the Services, we may share any information that we collect through our Services, including without limitation, your name, postal address (and any other information we combine with that information) with our Suburban Parent-affiliated companies, our provider partners and service providers, and with carefully selected third-party marketers of products and services potentially of interest to you. To remove your name and postal address from lists that we sell or rent to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, please use the postal list opt-out form available here "opt-out" form or send your request to us in a letter addressed to Suburban Parent Corporation, Opt-Out Postal, Attn: Opt Out, 8344 Sterling Dr Irving Texas 75063).
We share our users' email addresses with service providers that send email messages on our behalf. These service providers may collect data about how you interact with those messages (including information about whether and when you opened a particular message or clicked on a link within a message and the device you used to do so) and analyze it in conjunction with similar information they collect when you respond to emails they send on behalf of their other clients who are not affiliated with us. They use this email response information in combination with your email address to target and optimize the delivery of emails they send on our behalf and for their other clients. To opt out of this information collection, you can unsubscribe from the related Suburban Parent email list by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message and/ or by visiting the Email Preferences page on our sites and updating your preferences. (Note that using the opt-out mechanism associated with the AdChoices icon will NOT affect the collection of email response information.)Â We do not authorize our email service providers to share your email address with their other clients.
Except as described in this policy, we will not sell or rent your email address to unaffiliated third parties for their email marketing purposes, without your consent. If you use our Services to sign up for special email offers from third-party advertisers, we will share your email address and any other information you provided with your request with the advertisers you selected. If you decide you no longer want to receive these emails, simply follow the advertiser's unsubscribe link or instructions that should be included in every commercial message you receive. If you choose to subscribe to any of Suburban Parent's newsletters or commercial email lists, you can unsubscribe at any time by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message.
We and our service providers may combine information that we collect about you with information that we collect about other users of our Services and share it in a form that does not identify you personally. We and our service providers may use aggregated information or other anonymous information and disclose it to third parties as we see fit.
Information You Post to Blogs, Discussion Forums and Community or Social Networking Areas. Keep in mind that any information that you choose to post to blogs, discussion forums, or other community or social networking services that we offer can be seen, collected and used by anyone who has access to the applicable service. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
Legal Compliance, Business Transfers and Other Disclosures. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein or within our Services, we may occasionally release information about users of our Services when we deem such release appropriate to comply with law, respond to compulsory process or law enforcement requests, enforce our Visitor Agreement, or protect the rights, property or safety of users of our Services, the public, Suburban Parent Corporation, our affiliates, or any third party. Over time, we may reorganize or transfer various assets and lines of business. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary stated herein or on our Services, we reserve the right to disclose or transfer any information we collect to third parties in connection with any proposed or actual purchase, sale, lease, merger, foreclosure, liquidation, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Suburban Parent or our affiliates.
Sites to Which We Link:
We also may provide links to other websites or services, and provide access to products and services offered by third parties, whose privacy policies we don't control.
Security, Retention and Storage of Information:
We use commercially reasonable procedures to protect the personally-identifying information that we collect. No security system is impenetrable, however. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Please see our Visitor Agreement for more information related to posting materials on our Services including our use of such materials.